- Youngest ever minority CEO of publicly-held company
- Companies have raised, been sold for, and earned over $1M
- Bestselling author
- Business Week 25 under 25 and Inc. 30 under 30
- Recognized in top national press
- Businesses that are changing the world through innovation, improving the environment, and helping the world’s poor.
Derek Johnson is the CEO of group SMS startup, Tatango, and Derek Media.
Derek founded Tatango.com in 2007 with the vision to provide groups a free, easy and fast way to communicate with group members via SMS. Tatango.com has grown to the leader in its industry after initially starting as a way for his Fraternity to communicate amongst each other.
Derek has raised half a million dollars in investments for the company from private investors. Tatango.com has delivered over 50 million messages since its launch, servicing all types of groups such as college organizations, churches, athletic teams, political campaigns and non-profit groups.
Derek and the Tatango.com team have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Seattle Times, Mashable, TechCrunch, PC World, LifeHacker and other national publications.